A Look Back at the Youth Trilogy Era
This was basically a continuation of the BTS coming-of-age story. As they got older, their lyrics and narrative focused on the struggles of transitioning from childhood to adulthood.
This era was all about letting go of the anger and pain they felt in their youth, and instead, embracing the beauty of those moments. During this period, BTS engaged in a wide range of activities, including concerts, TV appearances, album releases, fan meetings, and other events.
Here are some of the most notable highlights from the Youth Trilogy era:
- Album Releases
- “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1” in April 2015
- “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2” in November 2015
- “Young Forever” in May 2016
- These albums were critically acclaimed and commercially successful, with “Young Forever” becoming the group’s first album to chart on the Billboard 200.
- Awards and Achievements
- In 2015, they won the Best World Performer award at the Mnet Asian Music Awards, and in 2016, they won the Artist of the Year award at the Melon Music Awards. They also won several awards for their socially conscious lyrics, including the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Commendation at the 2016 Korean Popular Culture and Arts Awards.
The Youth Trilogy era was a hugely successful and transformative time for BTS. The group’s socially conscious lyrics and impressive performances helped them to gain a massive following both in Korea and internationally, cementing their place as one of the biggest names in K-pop.